iHaper Smart Light Strip review – The iHaper Smart Light Strip is not your average smart bulb. It’s a plastic strip of LEDs that you can use for accent lighting behind a TV unit, or just about anywhere else in your home. Unlike the Philips Hue Strip light, you do not need a separate hub to operate and its half the price.
You can use the use the iHaper Smart Light Strip with smart home platforms such as Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit. But strangely enough, it’s only compatible with iOS as of the time of writing this review.
So if you are looking to buy a smart strip light to provide some accent lighting. Then continue to read this iHaper Smart Light Strip review to see if it’s worth parting with your cash.
As this is a HomeKit focused site, I am using the iHaper smart light strip from a HomeKit perspective.
iHaper Smart Light Strip specs:
- Price: £25 UK – $35 US
- Length: 6.6ft/ 2m
- Smart home platforms: Google Home, Alexa and HomeKit
- OS: iOS only
- LED Type: RGB SMD 5050 LED
- Quantity: 60 * Light-emitting diodes
- LED Light Color: 16 Million colors
- Installation Method: 3M Tape
- Rated power: 10W
- Required Power Supply: DC 5V 2A
- Interface: USB A connector
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 45°C (41°F to 113°F)