The popular HomeKit App, the Eve App, has been updated to 5.2 and brings several improvements. But the most news worthy is better insight into your Thread network and migration of existing data from old to new devices.
The Eve app has been popular among HomeKit users for sometime. So with the new update, users can better understand the Thread Network within HomeKit. The latest version gives you improved network surveying and HomePod mini detection. But you need to be using a router-capable Eve accessory such as Eve Energy or Eve Light Switch.
Additionally, if you have recently upgraded to the Eve Weather or Eve Energy to your home. Then with the 5.2 update allows you migrate your measurements from your old device to your new one. So if you have years of weather history gathered by your Eve Degree, then this can be migrated to your Eve Weather.
If you want to migrate your data, simply head to the accessory settings of your new device and tap Migrate Measurements.
Below is the full release notes:
- The Eve Aqua: improved display of schedules and current accessory status
- Eve Energy: improved support for the new, Thread-enabled generation, available now in Europe and soon in the U.K., the U.S. and Canada
- • Light Switch (Europe): improved support for the new, Thread-enabled generations, available now in Europe
- Eve Weather: improved weather trend and temperature range display in the room overview
- iPad & Mac: restored the ability to add, edit and reorder Rooms and Zones in the sidebar
- Thread Network view: improved network surveying and HomePod mini detection when using a router-capable Eve accessory such as Eve Energy or Eve Light Switch (Europe)
- New option to show Thread transport characteristics by tapping Edit in the details view of any Thread-enabled accessory
- Firmware update process improved for accessories connected via Thread
- Improved Traditional Chinese localization
You can download the update from the App Store on your device. Don’t forget to subscribe for more HomeKit and smart home reviews. If you have a question or a comment, then leave it below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.