HomeKit Authority is a trusted and definitive resource for everything HomeKit. HomeKit Authority is not in any way affiliated or endorsed by Apple Inc. or any subsidiary companies related to Apple.
- We do not take payment for product reviews. Ever.
- We sometimes get products on loan, but we will always state if we do in the review
- We select products for review based on what we believe our readers would want to know.
- We’ll tell you what we think, not what advertisers want you to hear.
- We say it as we see it. If it’s rubbish, we’ll warn you off.
- If a product doesn’t meet our high standards, we’ll tell you why.
- Affiliate links are used on this site, but it does not imply endorsement in any form. Read the ethics statement
- If you think we’re not living up to our promise, let us know via the contact page
When HomeKit Authority reviews products or services, we use a common scoring system to help keep things simple for everyone.
What our percentage score means
- 90 – 100 – Top buy – I would buy this (probably have)
- 80 – 90 – Recommended – I would recommend this to family and friends (or buy it for them)
- 65 – 79 – Acceptable – Not first choice, (I would use it if my 1st/2nd choice was not available)
- 65 or below – Not recommended – (It’s going in the bin when the review is done)
Hands on reviews’ our first impressions of a piece of kit based on spending some time with it. It may be just a few moments or a few hours.
The important thing is we have been able to play with it ourselves and can give you some sense of what it’s like to use, even if it’s only an early opinion.
Normally a full review will follow after.