Have you recently updated your Logitech Circle 2 or Netatmo smart camera to HomeKit Secure Video and cant find any recordings on your timeline within the Home App? Then you are not alone, I am seeing many HomeKit users on Reddit and forum posts asking the same question.
To get the point, the issue you are facing is when HSV is enabled, by default it sets the smart camera to “Stream” only. While some will see this is an issue with the design, it is how Apple designed it to protect users’ privacy. So in order to enable the HSV timeline, you need to change the recording and streaming settings for each camera.
- “Off”–Basically it does nothing. You cannot view the stream, nor will it record.
- “Detect Activity”—This is used for triggering automations or to send notifications. But you cannot view the stream nor will it record and save too iCloud.
- “Stream”—You can view the stream, but it will not record. You can use this camera to triggering automations or to send notifications.
- “Stream and allow recording”—You can view the stream and it will record based on your settings. You can also use this camera to triggering automations or to send notifications.
So while I have written a full article on how to use HomeKit Secure Video. The issue with being unable view recordings in HomeKit Secure video prompted me to write this article.
View recordings on HomeKit Secure video timeline
Time needed: 3 minutes.
To enable recording in HomeKit Secure Video and view them on the Home app timeline. Then follow these instructions.
- Open the Home App on your iOS device
- Navigate to the HSV enabled camera within the Home app
- Open it, then select the “wheel icon” in the top left
- Scroll down to “stream and recording” options
- Now set up the required settings to allow recordings based on preference.
Once the camera has captured the first video, you will get the HSV timeline and other options in the viewer.
So thanks for reading, and if you enjoyed this HomeKit content, don’t forget to subscribe for more. If you have a question or a comment, then leave it below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.